1) Information about the collection of personal contact data by the responsible party
1.1 Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our products. In the following we will inform you about the use of your personal data when using our website. Personal data are, at this, defined as personally identifiable information.
1.2 "Gordon Lösser, MTS Sportartikel Vertriebs GmbH, Hans-Urmiller-Ring 11, 82515 Wolfratshausen, +49 08171/4318-0, email@example.com" is the responsible party for processing data on this website according to the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO). The responsible party for processing personal data is any natural or legal person that either solely or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data.
1.3 The responsible party has appointed a data protection officer for this website, who can be reached as follows: "Gordon Lösser, MTS Sportartikel Vertriebs GmbH, Hans-Urmiller-Ring 11, 82515 Wolfratshausen, +49 08171/4318-0, firstname.lastname@example.org"
1.4 For safety reasons and in order to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential information (e.g. orders or inquires directed at the responsible party), this website uses SSL or TLS encryption methods. You may identify encrypted connections by the string “https://” and the lock symbol inside the browser field.
2) Data collection when visiting our website
When using our website for informational purposes only, i.e. neither do you register nor do you transmit any data, we collect only data that are transmitted by the browser to our server (so called “server log files”). When opening our website, we collect the following data, which are necessary for us to run this website:
- The site visited
- Date and time of access
- Amount of data transmitted, in bytes
- Sources/links that directed you to our site
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (anonymous, where applicable)
Data are processed according to Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO based on our legitimate interest in improving the reliability and operation of our website. Data will not be disclosed or used for other purposes. We nevertheless reserve the right to check the server log files later on in case there are specific indications of illegal use.
In order to make our website more attractive for visitors und to allow for the use of certain features, we are using so-called Cookies on some of our sites. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your terminal device. Some of those Cookies used by us will be deleted at the end of your browser session, i.e. after the browser has been closed (so-called session Cookies). Other Cookies will remain on your terminal device and make it possible for us or our partner companies (Cookies from third parties) to recognize your browser the next time you visit our website (permanent Cookies). Once Cookies have been stored, they will individually collect and process certain user data such as browser and location data, as well as IP address information. Permanent Cookies will be deleted automatically after a specified period of time, which can vary depending on the use of the Cookie.
If some Cookies that were implemented by us process personal data, such data processing is in accordance to Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO for safeguarding our legitimate interests in optimum functionality of the website, as well as in user-friendly and efficient experience when visiting the site.
If need be, we will cooperate with advertising partners that help us make our Internet presence more attractive for you. In such a case, and for that purpose, we will store Cookies of our partner companies on your hard drive (Cookies from third parties) when visiting our website. In the event that we cooperate with above-mentioned advertising partners, the following paragraphs inform you individually and separately about the use of such Cookies and the extent to which data will be collected.
Please note that you can adjust your browser in such a way, that you will be notified about the storage of Cookies and that you can decide discretely whether or not to accept Cookies or to reject Cookies in certain cases or in general. Every browser is different in their method of managing Cookie settings. The help menu of each browser describes how you can change your Cookie settings. Click one of the following links to open the respective help menu based on the browser used:
Please note that rejecting Cookies can limit the functionality of our website.
When contacting us (e.g. via contact form or email), personal data will be collected. The data collected when using the contact form are evident from the respective contact form used. Those data will only be stored and used for the purpose of answering your inquiries or of contacting you and any technical administration related thereto. The legal basis results from our legitimate interest in answering your enquiries according to Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If you contacting us aims at entering into a contract, then Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. b DSGVO is the additional legal basis for data processing. Your data will be terminated after your enquiry has been finalized, which is the case when circumstances indicate that the issue in question has been settled completely and no statutory storage obligations indicate otherwise.
5) Using your data for direct marketing purposes
5.1 Subscribing to our email newsletter
When subscribing to our email newsletter, we will regularly send you information about our offers. Providing your email address is the sole requirement for sending the newsletter. Providing further data is voluntary, and such data will be used for addressing you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in method for sending our newsletters. That means, we will only send you an email newsletter once you have explicitly confirmed your consent to receiving newsletters. After that, we will send you a confirmation email asking you to click a certain link in order to confirm that you wish to receive our newsletters in the future.
With the activation of the confirmation link you consent to the usage of your personal data according to Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. a DSGVO. When subscribing to our newsletter, we will store the IP address registered by your Internet service provider (ISP), as well as date and time of your subscription in order to track any potential misuse of your email address in the future. Data collected by us on the basis of your newsletter subscription will be used only for promotional purposes by means of the newsletter. You may cancel your newsletter subscription at any time by using the respective link provided in the newsletter, or by sending a corresponding message to the responsible party mentioned at the beginning. After successful cancellation, your email address will be removed from our mailing list immediately, provided you have not explicitly consented to any further legal use of your data, about which we inform you with this reference.
5.2 Newsletter distribution by CleverReach
Our email newsletter is distributed by technical service provider CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, 26180 Rastede (“CleverReach”), to whom we will disclose your data that you provided within the scope of your newsletter subscription. This disclosure is in accordance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO and is of our legitimate interest in a promotional, safe, and user-friendly newsletter system. The data provided by you for the purpose of receiving newsletters (e.g. email address) will be stored on the CleverReach servers in Germany or Ireland.
CleverReach will use those information for the distribution and statistical evaluation of the newsletter on our behalf. For the purpose of evaluation, emails contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels that generate one-pixel-files stored on our website. That way we can check whether a newsletter email has been opened and which links have been activated. Using the so-called conversion tracking method will help us analyze whether clicking on a link in the newsletter has resulted in a previously defined action. On top of that, technical data will be collected (time of access, IP address, browser type, and operating system). All data are collected in an exclusively pseudonymous manner and will not be linked to your other personal data; personal identification can be ruled out. These data are only intended for statistical evaluation of newsletter campaigns. The results of such evaluations may be used in order to better tailor future newsletters according to the interest of their respective recipients.
If you do not consent to this kind of data evaluation for statistical purposes, you must cancel the newsletter subscription.
We have entered into a processing agreement with CleverReach, in which CleverReach commits to protect the data of our customers and to not disclose those data to third parties.
For further information on data evaluation by CleverReach, please read the following:
6) Use of social media: videos
6.1 Use of Vimeo videos
Out website integrates plugins of the video portal Vimeo, LLC, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA. When opening a page of our website that contains such a plugin your browser will establish a direct connection to the Vimeo servers. The contents of the plugin will be directly transmitted by Vimeo to your browser, and then be integrated into the site. After integration, Vimeo will be notified that your browser has accessed the respective page of our website, even if you do not have a Vimeo account or are currently not logged in with your account. This notification (including your IP address) will be sent from your browser directly to one of the Vimeo servers located in the USA and stored locally.
If you have logged in your Vimeo account, Vimeo can directly match your visit to our website to your Vimeo account. When interacting with the plugins (e.g. clicking on the start button of a video), such information will also be sent directly to and stored on one of the servers of Vimeo.
The data-processing operations described are in accordance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO based on the legitimate interest of Vimeo in market research and tailored presentation of services.
If you do not consent to Vimeo matching the data collected within the scope of our web presence, you must logout from your Vimeo account before visiting our website.
For further information on the purpose and extent of data collection, the processing and usage of data by Vimeo, as well as your rights related thereto and setting options for protecting your privacy, please refer to the privacy information of Vimeo: vimeo.com/privacy
Vimeo videos integrated into our website automatically integrate the tracking tool Google Analytics. That is a separate tracking process operated by Vimeo, to which we do not have any access and which cannot be influenced by our website. Google Analytics uses so-called “Cookies” for tracking – text files that will be stored on your computer and allow for the evaluation of your usage of the website. Data on your usage of the website collected by the Cookie are usually transferred to and stored on a Google server in the USA.
This data processing is in accordance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO and based on the legitimate interest of Vimeo in the statistical evaluation of user behavior for the purpose of optimization and marketing.
6.2 Use of Youtube videos
This website uses the Youtube embedding function for displaying and playing “Youtube” videos – a provider belonging to Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
At this, the extended data protection mode is used, which – based on provider information – starts storing user information only once the playback of video/s has been initiated. When starting the playback of embedded Youtube videos, the provider uses “Youtube” Cookies in order to collect user data. Based on information by “Youtube”, these data are intended for generating video statistics, improving usability, and preventing misuse. When logged in with your Google account, your data will be matched to your account when clicking on a video. If you do not consent to the matching of data with your Youtube profile, you must logout before activating the button. Google stores your data (even if not logged in) as user profiles for evaluation. Such evaluation is in accordance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit.f DSGVO and based on the legitimate interest of Google in showing customized ads, market research, and/or tailored presentation of their website. You have the right to object to the generation of such user profiles, although you must contact Youtube for exercising your right.
Regardless of playing embedded videos or not, a connection is established with the Google network “DoubleClick” each time this website is accessed, which might result in further data processing operations beyond the scope of our influence.
Google LLC, based in the USA, has been certified for the US-European Convention on Data Protection, which ensures compliance with the data protection level currently effective in the EU.
7) Web analysis services
Google (Universal) Analytics
- Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics – a web analysis service belonging to Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called “Cookies”, or text files, that are stored on your computer and allow for the evaluation of your usage of the website. Information on your usage of the website (including the shortened IP address) collected by the Cookie, are usually transmitted to and stored on a Google server located in the USA.
This website uses Google Analytics only with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”, which ensures anonymization of the IP address by means of shortening, and rules out any direct personal identification. Within the scope of this extension, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in case of exceptions may the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA to be shortened locally. In such cases, data processing is in accordance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO and based on our legitimate interest in the statistical evaluation of user behavior for the purposes of optimization and marketing.
On our behalf, Google will use those information for evaluating your usage of the website, generating reports on website activities, and providing us with further services related to the usage of the website and the use of the Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be linked with other data of Google.
You may prevent the storage of Cookies by enabling relevant settings of your browser software; nevertheless, we remind you that you might not be able to use all the features of this website to their full extent. You may further prevent the transmission of data generated by the Cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) to Google, as well as the disclosure of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin provided through the following link:
Alternatively to the browser plugin, or within the browser on mobile devices, click the following link in order to integrate an Opt-Out Cookie that will prevent data collection by Google Analytics within this website in the future (this Opt-Out Cookie will only work in this browser and only for this domain; if you delete the Cookies of this browser, you will have to click the link again): deactivate Google Analytics
Google LLC, based in the USA, has been certified for the US-European “Privacy Shield” Convention on Data Protection, which ensures compliance with the data protection level currently effective in the EU.
8) Rights of parties concerned
8.1 The applicable data protection law grants you extensive implicated rights (information rights and right to intervene) against the responsible party in regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we will inform you as follows:
- Information right according to Art. 15 DSGVO: You especially have the right to receive information about your personal data processed by us, the purposes of processing, the categories of processed personal data, the recipients or type of recipients to whom your data will or have been be disclosed to, the intended storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to correct, terminate, limit the processing of data, objection against processing of data, appeal to a regulatory body, the source of your data if not collected by us, the existence of an automated decision making including profiling and, where appropriate, significant information on the logic involved and the consequences affecting you, and the intended effects of such data processing, as well as your right to notification about which warranties exist according to Art. 46 DSGVO in the event that your data are disclosed to third countries;
- Right to correct according to Art. 16 DSGVO: You have the right to immediately correct any incorrect data in regard to you, and/or to complete your incomplete data stored by us;
- Right to terminate according to Art. 17 DSGVO: You have the right to request the termination of your personal data, provided you fulfill the requirements according to Art. 17 Abs. 1 DSGVO. This right is nevertheless not unconditional and is subject to limitations, in particular if the processing of data is required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for complying with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the purpose of enforcing, exercising or defending legal titles;
- Right to limit the processing of data according to Art. 18 DSGVO: You have the right to request limiting the processing of your personal data, provided the disputed correctness of your data will be checked, if you object to the termination of your data due to unlawful data processing and instead request limiting the processing of your data, if you require your data for enforcing, exercising or defending legal titles, if the purpose of processing your data has been served and we do not need those data any longer, or if you have filed objection for reasons of special circumstances, for as long as it has not been determined yet whether our legitimate prevail;
- Right to notification according to Art. 19 DSGVO: If you have asserted the right to correct, terminate or limit against the responsible party, latter one is obliged to notify all recipients to whom personal data related to you have been disclosed to about such correction or termination of data or limitation of data processing, unless this proves to be impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be notified about the respective recipients.
- Right to data portability according to Art. 20 DSGVO: You have the right to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format, or to request transfer to another responsible party provided that is technically feasible;
- Right to withdraw given consent according to Art. 7 Abs. 3 DSGVO: You have the right to withdraw any consent given to the processing of your data at any time and with future effect. In the event of withdrawal we will terminate all relevant data with immediate effect, provided any further processing cannot be based on a legal basis of data processing without consent. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of data processing conducted based on the consent until withdrawal;
- Right to appeal according to Art. 77 DSGVO: If you believe that the processing of your relevant personal data is not in compliance with DSGVO, you have – regardless of any other administrative or legal remedy – the right to appeal to a regulatory body, especially within the member state of your place of residence, your place of work, or the place of the suspected infringement.
8.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITHIN THE SCOPE OF WEIGHING INTERESTS DUE TO OUR PREVAILING LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO SUCH PROCESSING OF DATA AT ANY TIME AND WITH FUTURE EFFECT FOR REASONS ARISING FROM YOUR SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
IF YOU ASSERT YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL TERMINATE THE PROCESSING OF RELEVANT DATA. WE NEVERTHELESS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CONTINUE PROCESSING DATA IF WE CAN ESTABLISH COMPELLING, LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR SUCH PROCESSING, WHICH MIGHT OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OR FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOM, OR IF THE PROCESSING OF DATA IS INTENDED FOR ENFORCING, EXERCISING OR DEFENDING LEGAL TITLES.
IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA ARE PROCESSED BY US FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT MARKETING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF RELEVANT PERSONAL DATA FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH MARKETING ACTIVITIES. YOU MAY FILE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU ASSERT YOUR RIGHT TO APPEAL, WE WILL TERMINATE THE PROCESSING OF RELEVANT DATA FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT MARKETING.
9) Storage period of personal date
The storage period of personal data depends on the respective legal retention period (e.g. storage periods under commercial or tax laws). After expiration of the storage period we will terminate all relevant data as a matter of routine, provided they are no longer required for performance or initiation of contract, and/or if we do not have any legitimate interest in their further storage.